Tuesday, September 27, 2011

thriving nations

I had the amazing opportunity to travel to Ghana, Africa with my husband last year. It was my first time visiting a third world country. I was shocked by the things I witnessed while there. But being a Health Major, it was the eating habits that surprised me the most. Everyday is a battle for food. Where to get it, what to get, and when to eat it. On average, African families eat one meal a day. They fill their bellies with as much FuFu (a dough made of cassava and plantains) and soup as they can. It's the same for the children. I realized rather quickly that I am blessed beyond measure. Not only for the country in which i live, but for the bounty of food I have. That is why I LOVE the Thriving Nations program from Shelf Reliance. This beautiful program is designed to help those growing nations receive the food that they need. Not only is the food provided to malnourished children, they are also educating parents on proper farming techniques to help them become more self reliant. 5% of all sales of the Thrive food line are donated to this deserving program. just one more reason to love Thrive!




No comments:

Post a Comment